Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to surgery.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. This must be a parent if the patient is under 18 years of age.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- A short-sleeved shirt should be worn, and flip flops are not allowed.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.